Efficient and effective customer, sales channel- and after sales service-support is essential for a high customer satisfaction level and for the achievement of our sales and profitability targets.
We are therefore looking for a technically oriented, business minded, dynamic and communicative
Application Engineer - North America
As a key technical advisor you will be vital in the positioning of our technology and products - developed at Swiss headquarters - with our customers in North America. The position includes both application-engineering activities in the territory of USA, Canada and Mexico as well as project management and project engineering tasks. This includes:
- Develop and customize technical and application solutions based on customer specifications in close cooperation with headquarters in Switzerland;
- Technical consulting of sales people and engineers at target accounts to cover all technical aspects during project negotiations;
- Conduct tender management and review of orders ensuring compliance of all technical specifications and requirements, pricing, general terms and delivery conditions; including the management and coordination the supply chain process;
- Assist in the development of new products and tools necessary to make target accounts successful;
- Conduct project management and monitoring of projects throughout the project life cycle; including organization of technical and commercial project reviews to ensure status, on-time delivery and final acceptance;
- Identify and resolve technical and commercial issues as well as difficulties in a timely manner, to the satisfaction of customers;
- Identify customer needs and sales opportunities to support future growth, including benchmarking and market analysis;
- Perform technical product training for sales people and engineers at targeted accounts.
- Participation in sales activities, exhibitions, seminars etc.
This challenging position requires:
- BA- or BS-degree in technical engineering or equivalent;
- 5 years experience in machine tool engineering or manufacturing engineering;
- Experience in customer service or sales support;
- Good knowledge in transmission gear manufacturing, CNC machine equipment and controls technology if possible with an emphasis on grinding machines;
- Good knowledge of production processes and quality control as well as raw materials;
- Knowledge in reading mechanical and electrical blueprints;
- Solid understanding of basic electrical and mechanical control systems;
- Proficiency in english and german;
- Strong grasp of economic understanding and project-management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with emphasis on integrative skills to generate optimal solutions in a team approach;
- Highly efficient and solution orientated approach combined with a disciplined and organized work ethic;
- Willingness to travel up to 50%.
Are you ready to be a part of the growing future of a leading edge company? If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career please send us your resume.