Continuous Generating Gear Grinding Machine RZ 160 4.0
The Automotive Gear Grinding Machine
The machine that can handle all the gears that are used in automotive transmissions.
The RZ 160 4.0 gear grinder’s productivity sets the industrial standard for the production of automotive gears. Its working range diameter of up to 160 mm and its module range of 0.5 to 4 covers all gears, disk-type or shaft-type parts that are used in automotive transmissions.
Productivity and Flexibility
Apart from its main field of application – high volume production of automotive gears – this machine is also suitable for flexible usage such as a single prototype gear or small lot size production, for example. This is exemplified by the design features of an additional grinding head for profile grinding, line dressing or the option of „onboard gear measuring”.
Constant High Performance
The RZ 160’s overriding design principle is based on its dual spindle technology, with all axes movements and routines being uncompromisingly executed in parallel, the short reaction times of all spindles, and the high cutting speeds.
The optional swival-type dressing axis allows applying all of Reishauer’s dressing technologies such as line dressing, dressing with multi-rip full profile rolls and topological dressing.
Short set-up times highlight the flexibility of the machine. Apart from disk-type workpieces, this machine equally handles shaft-type workpieces with its optional tailstock. The operating philosophy is identical to that of the other two types machines of the RZx60 4.0 family. As a result, operators that are familiar with the RZ 60 4.0 and RZ 260 4.0 can immediately, and productively, operate the RZ 160 4.0 machine.
Due to its compact design, and the fact that it comes fully equipped, it can be easily integrated into existing production lines.
Last but not least: hundreds of RZ 160 4.0 machines that unflaggingly generate income for our customers are the best proof of the performance level of this machine.
Hardware Options (Extract)
Technology Options (Extract)
- Low Noise Shifting reduces the noise generation in transmissions
- Polish grinding improves the performance of transmissions
- Twist Control Grinding allows deliberate modification of contact patterns of gear teeth
- Generating gear grinding of asymmetrical designs
- High speed grinding at 100 m/s reduces grinding times and the risk of grinding burns
- Line dressing offers highest flexibility for grinding prototype gears
- Grinding of beveloid gears widens the machines field of application
- Profile grinding for grinding gear set-ups with interfering contours